Thursday 7 April 2011

Condensing drifting elements again

I've been putting together some coloured collages made from some cheap colour prints of my work from last year.  I was going to hand these around bars and galleries as examples of my artwork for potential exhibitors and buyers but the quality was quite grainy and hardly representative of the actual work itself.  So they languished until earlier this week...  I put them to use by sticking them onto coloured paper and creating a colourful texture.  You'll see below examples of my results - some will be cut up and remixed together with others.  Some will remain the way they are due to me liking their composition and wishing to utilize that composition sometime later.  I'll let you work out which is which because I'm not sure myself yet, as if often the case with my numbskull autonomy.  Anyway, here they are:













The work above will become something different altogether very soon - something much bigger.  I have little clue as to what form it will take but it will be something very big - I am still in the process of using up the rest of last year's suddenly useful colour photocopies on last years suddenly useful coloured card so I'll probably end up producing about a hundred or so more of the above images.  It's often a case of repetition, permutation and coagulation.  And other impressive and not so impressive words.  Sometimes my methods actually just involve me sitting down in a world of my own and repeating the same task over and over for hours - this is probably why I'm quite good at Admin too.

This is part of the ongoing exhibition preparations as referred to in my previous entry here:

No comments:

Post a Comment