Monday 9 May 2011

Twitter, marketing, advertising and what am I doing?

Recently started using my twitter properly - I've not got a great many followers yet but I've decided not to play it as some sort of numbers game, I'm only going to follow people I'm interested in and who I think are going to be interested in me.  Otherwise what's the point?  I'm at @garth_simmons if you are interested and interesting (and if your interested in me I'm sure you're very much interesting).

I have to work hard on twitter for the next month or so as it's part of my marketing campaign for my exhibition on 2nd July - I've also started a Facebook Event for it (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=214540905242158).

It's also listed on this website I've never even heard of: http://www.kulone.com/GB/Event/2216870-DISTORTED-INTERIOR-BARRIERS-Exhibition

So this isn't a very creative update at all - it's just going on about how I've momentarily become some sort of cut throat marketeer.  Which is a little out of character really - I feel like my life has a new script editor.  Not to worry though - I've started doing some paintings/collages that I'll update you on when I finish them - I'm taking the compositions from stills of animations I made a two/three years ago.

Just so this new blog entry has at least one picture in it - here's one of the images I'm basing a composition on:

1 comment:

  1. Really good post, BUT I have to seriously question your recommended ideal number of blog posts in a week?

    social media calendar

    ReplyDelete