Sunday 31 July 2011

100th Twitter Follower and Dead Light Receptor City


Social networking sites can be harnessed into some sort massive marketing tool by self centered attention seeking creatives, like myself.  But as a scissors and glue technological and social insect with little understanding of marketing or the interconnectedness of all things I only have a vague understanding and therefore not much inbuilt respect for such things as Twitter.... however I have developed very slowly an interest in all things Twitter - Margaret Atwood being my follower has been a significant ego boost.  I'm sorry I don't always get the chance to read everything that everyone else tweets about as I always feel that I'm going to miss out on something amazing or something important (but not that amazing).

I decided that I would send my 100th follower a picture in the post - just a little one.  I copied the idea off Islington Mill who gave their one billionth follower free tickets to some gig.  I'm not really that bothered about how many followers I acquire - it's not like some sort of numbers game - I just like trimming off my thoughts, fears and other feelings into a concise 160 character sized space.

So just to the right you'll see the picture I sent to Richard Crossan - I'm glad it's gone to someone because if it stayed with me it would have existed in a small and insignificant cupboard with tonnes of other forgotten experiments whilst in the home of a near stranger it's able to acquire it's own uniqueness and be a one of a kind tiny little curiosity made of photocopies biro and whiteboard marker pens in a 50p cream and gold frame from a charity shop.
It's called "Death Fissure" because it looks like pressed in and nullified tearing of dead light receptors (and I should know - my house is like Dead Light Receptor City)

No comments:

Post a Comment