Tuesday 25 October 2011

The light Nome break (and others)


Making a submission of work to an exhibition in London where everything costs under £100 - found this which I made last year which is called "the light Nome break" - the title is a reference to the Nome King from The Return to Oz which was the first film I ever saw at the cinema when I was about about 3 or 4 - I liked it so much we had to go in twice in a row - but then, it is a very good film.

This picture reminds me of the Nome King but it isn't a deliberate homage - though the visual similarities of cracked stone and angry shifting drew me towards this title - the Nome King is pretty much the ground we all live on: angry, turbulent and forever restless in it's never ending swimming of dull immortality.  I sort of related to the Nome King myself at the time - and sometimes still do when I'm feeling philosophically short sighted.  This is the only framed art I've made which is 3D, parts of it rising above others.


Found these two other smaller pictures - the one on the left is called "Paramount Beacon", because at the top you can see a mountain that looks like the Paramount logo.  The right image is called "Picket Tendrils" due to it looking like tendrils passing over some pickets - quite simple really and at least one of these pictures doesn't have a title inspired by cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment