Thursday 8 March 2012

7.3.12 - 29.2.12

8.3.12 - I tidied under the stairs to extract the bags of last years installation and salvage all the pieces that are going to have a lot of use in the near future.
Despite seeing forevermore singular magpies I have actually managed to get most things done without much of a hitch - so it could be an indication of superstition revealing itself to be JUST superstition or it could be an indication that things are going to get very bad.... very slowly.

6.3.12 - more time elapses and get's spent on the right and wrong moments and movements... more and more predictable patterns of me surrounding a glowing orb of slow burning potential.
5.3.12 - A red marker pen is a brilliant addition to my pile of stationery - I was getting a little bit annoyed with pink highlighter.
4.3.12 - a daily planner is all well and good but I've now also got a monthly planner so that I can organize my month ahead and create better organized long term creative projects.
3.3.12 - ordered some cheap frames - wore my sun hat - caroused - read my books - rearranged meaning - then got a bit bored of everything before becoming interested again.
2.3.12 - Went to see Sleigh Bells and really enjoyed it - mostly because I've heard all of their songs - a comparatively short gig with no encore but I did get to meet the lead singer who signed my ticket... though the big event of the day was when I got home and received the new shoes I've bought off e-bay.   For the past year and a half I've been wearing a very faithful pair of black hush puppies which have been incredibly comfortable and remarkably resilient to all the trouble I put them through - as I daintily, and with hush of a puppy, make my way through day to day life in a relaxed fashion.
Lately though, I've been feeling a slight malaise and think it's time to take my life a little bit more seriously, be a little more aggressive, forget relaxation.  The new shoes really reflect that - very clunky, Dr Marten style fake crocodile skin shoes - ready to kick my life into more amazing shapes.
1.3.12 - Saw MMoths at the Kraak Gallery - a very silent and slow evening where everyone was stood quietly staring at  slow music.  Sort of nice to see people standing still together in a completely unawkward fashion... unlike on public transport - where the standing people just whinge inwardly and avoid one another's gaze.
29.2.12 - Superstition is forcing itself on me - having always had an avoidance to cracks in the pavements and a slight dread at seeing a single magpie: with portents of potentially anything going wrong. I've had to come up with all sorts of psychological tricks to stop me from falling into self fulfilling prophecies - one of which involves closing my eyes after seeing a single magpie and merging the memory of a magpie seen earlier in the day into the magpie I'm seeing now... this displaces the magpie from the past into the present thus creating two magpies or at least an essence of two... though the time between seeing each bird has to be within a certain amount of time as my mental image of the first magpie gets more and more fuzzy and unusable.  Though in light of recent magpie sightings I think it may be an idea to develop these skills a little bit further and remember the location, position and the time that I see any singular magpie - that way I'll be able to merge both together into the same coordinates.  Then again there could be consequences in such far reaching space-time warping that would likely result in me seeing more and more singular magpies. Scientific rationalization of so many singular magpies could be attributed to their breeding cycle perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment