Saturday 13 November 2010

Shouting mutely into the void and Ornamental Bird Review # 1

Time to start shouting mutely into the void.  I suppose that's what it's there for:  the internet being some bottomless thing with expanding edges no one is ever to reach the end of.  So here I am creating a place of my own to dump in thoughts, general progress in my creative life, the odd essay on fashion or any photos and reviews of gorgeous and not so gorgeous ornamental birds I see in shops.

There's probably a chance that I won't be keeping this for very long.  I imagine blogging to be very depressing, being some chattering cell in the collective unconsciousness screaming pointlessly about his own egomania.  I will possibly cancel this after a few months because there's no point screaming if no one is listening, and often no point even if people are listening, people just being people after all.  I do have a very reductive view of life, probably not a view suitable for blogging.  We'll see though.  As soon as I stop talking about the nature and folly of blogging I might actually start getting around to enjoying it.

OK then.  Time to stop blogging about blogging.....

Right then.  Look at this bird.  Never seen a peacock like it.  It's all white and gold, very regal.  I imagine it would be on the mantelpiece of some very inexpensive porcelain aristocrat called Georgina Potter.  A porcelain aristocrat with a porcelain bird with a porcelain mantlepiece.  In a maze.
This bird has very pretty eyes like a cartoon temptress.  With a great quiff like thing sprouting upwards.  A very dandy bird, obviously bored of the fashion among other peacocks to wear all sorts of flash colours and deciding instead to go plain with a bit of a gold trim.  This bird is very classy, neither indie clubs or raves she is more into early nights and a diet of rich golden buttered fairy cakes and bowls of string beans.  An early morning riser who likes a quick jog along the esplanade of the Croatian sea to wake her up for a day of writing  her novel very very slowly.  It's about the bright young things of Oxford, based upon her first love and also the gradual blurring of the class system after the war.  The ground underneath her feet is very unrealistic looking, would be better if she were stood on some simple red martian rock, or grey moon rock.  That would stretch the imagination further and make it look less cheap.  Also it's a little bit over glossy but gets away with it by being such a regal bird.  Great detail on the plummage.

I now feel like I really have made a valuable contribution to the expanding internet universe.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment