Thursday 24 February 2011

Scatterings


So you see above a large amount of  replications and permutations of my collages thrown onto the floor with an autonomous stylishness. This isn't just a waste of my many photocopies - I had to set myself the task of cutting off all the annoying white borders that surround them all, so that when I stick them together into giant 96 inch squares then there will be less seperation between the bits of paper. I have to make at least 55 of these big squares, though I will likely aim for making about 109 or as many as am possibly able before it gets silly. So far I've made 44, then I ran out of photocopies, so I went and did more photocopies on Monday therefore I am now ready to make more squares. Sadly before I finish my very tiring task of making big squares I have to cut off all the white borders from my new pile of fresh photocopying.  Wowzers! Life does move in declining and reclining circles.

This isn't all I've been up to, it would be done if it was all I'd been up to, and I'd also have gone a little more than half crazy. Though some would argue I am more than half crazy, my reflection for one would be in agreement. I see it staring at me sometimes.

I've also been to Scarborough last weekend and going to London tomorrow, and on Tuesday gave a collage class to 18 month to five year old children all about butterflies and the hungry caterpillar, which was much more fun and a lot less scary than I'd originally anticipated.

Before I finish this entry I was mentioned on the Abstract Comic blog (which is full of interesting work) just here:
http://abstractcomics.blogspot.com/2011/02/abstract-comic-with-words-by-garth.html

Also I've just recently had my details uploaded onto my new art dealer's website:  http://www.everymanartgallery.com/

And finally Emily Pitts, a very nice artist lady has linked me on her website so thought I'd return the favour:
http://www.emilypitts.com/

X

No comments:

Post a Comment