Sunday 23 September 2012

Frozen corrosive under planet


Here's an image I made in 2010 - it's one of ten acetate experiments... the image is created by a layer of watercolour a layer of collage and finally an acetate print of a close up of some of my photocopies.  The title and the image itself for me is suggestive of an alien world where physics don't really apply - not even a world in the traditional sense more a place where traditional sense is inverted.

I'm posting it here as I'm about to sell it on eBay - didn't actually think anyone would bid on it but as I'm typing this it's up to fiver.... quite a good result to say it's rather small and that I didn't think anyone would bid on it in the first place, and there's still a day left.  

I've quite a few smaller images from 2010 all in frames so I'm gradually going to put the rest of them on eBay and if it does become a good money spinner perhaps I'll produce a lot of very new smaller images and try to make a little bit of extra money out of it - perhaps enough to pay my council tax every month.  I do have the replenishable materials to mass produce and a technique that allows for every piece to be diverse and different so the idea of producing lots and lots of new small work whilst selling older work does appeal at the moment - whether my aspirations and targets are realistic is something else all together. 

Anyway here's the link to it just in case you may be interested - one more day left.

No comments:

Post a Comment