Saturday 24 November 2012

circular teeth notions piled geometry measure themselves as flat visual

Four more images on Ebay... auctions ending on Sunday 24 November at half past ten.  Click on the links below each image to place a bid - all of which started at 99p.

globdules of organic photocopies bleed fake wallpaperclick here

I have to make a wall mural type installation on Monday whilst exhibiting with some Matisse lithographs.  Was hoping to utilize the negative space of the wall in a way similar to what Matisse did with paper.  The final result could eventually look a little bit like the above - except the above has no negative space whatsoever.  Hoping the exhibition will teach me a little about making my art slightly less convoluted in certain areas - though is the fact that images like the above are big gestating textures make them more appealing - in the sense that there can be a lot of different interpretations read into them.



how did the chamber's dimensions measure themselves when the outer geometry invaded?click here
The above is made through using a photograph of my installation at the Bankley Gallery.  Think it gives it a good sense of depth - and like that I've been able to enhance the original image with collage over the top.  Perhaps this could be done in real life if I were to make the exhibition again.  There was a lot I would have added to it if I had the time - and I spent ages putting that installation up and my hand really hurt from so much staplegunning.  Think the title of the above image is really good.


Another example of convolution - though life is pretty convoluted too.


teeth clamp onto circular notion of up and downclick here

I spent an afternoon last weekend sorting all my colours and textures into an organised fashion and found some notebooks from years ago from when I was making animations.  Some nice sketches in them. One of the motivations for making all this work is to trim down on all the thousands of self generated materials I have and to make some money from them.  When I've got rid of all my materials I can print all the new images I've made and collage them into new patterns and ideas and integrate them together differently again.

No comments:

Post a Comment