Saturday 2 February 2013

continuing soulless self promotion

The artwork I'm selling on EBay this weekend are just images of work that went unsold last weekend.  Or in the case of exhibit (e) unsold for many weekends in a row.

Click here to bid


Which is an another example what I like best not being the most commercially appealing.

I've posted some other images but they will all be ending next weekend so I'll write about them in more depth next week.

For the sake of laziness I quite like the idea of displaying my work in one jpeg like I have above rather than how in previous posts I put each image separately - complete with a paragraph or two below each one which aims to engage with each image and attempting to linking them all together thematically.  Laziness isn't a good reason to do anything though.  The lazy approach looks like some kind of slick pamphlet rather than any real engagement with the artwork itself so next week I'll continue to write about each image exactly as I have done before.  This weekend is an exception simply due to not auctioning any new images.  All of the above have already had their reaction.

Writing a blog and engaging with an audience over the years has been very rewarding.  I've been keeping this blog for two years now and it's been essential to me developing a voice for my artwork and myself.  Judging by the below statistics more people are starting to read this blog - though a percentage of these views are from Russian robots or people with little interest (sometimes both).


And what better way to finalize one of my most capitalist and corporate blog posts than with a graph which proves to the people that stocks are up for the Garth Simmons' Art Machine?  Invest now now now now.

I can never tell how seriously I actually take myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment