Saturday 21 September 2013

Lots of tiny cards ready to be configured into something bigger (made out of tiny cards (stuck to a plinth))

I have an exhibition in London next month.  It's an interesting one that I'm looking forward to as they are allowing me to exhibit work that I wouldn't normally be able to.  Most galleries only want to exhibit framed works they are able to sell and charge lots of commission but the work I want to make is either incredibly vast or incredibly small.  So what drew me to submit for this exhibition was that it was after work that didn't sit well in an ordinary gallery setting... so I submitted a proposal of exhibiting hundreds of tiny trading card sized images I've been making (see below) along with my 2012 Diary from last year.


These pictures are all going to be arranged stuck onto a large plinth.  They will be much better arranged than they are on here.  There are so many different combinations for how they can be arranged so I'll have fun finding the most interesting.  On this entry they are only arranged by how I put them into a scanner but I'm planning to make them much more compositionally placed at the exhibition.  I find that they take on different contexts dependent on their configuration.

Anyway updates are soon forthcoming regarding the exhibition.  I will obviously tweet it nearer the time and post about it on Facebook.  All four people I actually know in London have already been invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment