Sunday 8 September 2013

surface pattern design #3

So for the third week running I'm posting some images of constructions of surface pattern design.


Started with this - thought I could work in the piece of public art I made a while ago to give it an architectural feel rather than just being pure pattern.


And then I built something similar that would work as a branching off point - something to connect to. Everything even architecture needs to connect to something.  Even it is only connecting to itself upside down. You can probably do a lot worse.


And here they are connecting.   Shaped like a tadpole with huge biceps.


But what's this?  It's gone from strong studly tadpole into muscleman poseur amoeba.


I think the problem with my motivation for making surface patterns is I'm not sure what products they would be put on.  This might look brilliant on a pencil or a really good coat.... but at the moment all I think of when I look at this is an acid blotter.  I don't want to go underground.  I'm doing this in the attempt to be a massive sell out. Maybe I should put some owls on it.


1 comment:

  1. Great Garth like this series, how big are they? are they for sale?

    Nick C

    ReplyDelete