Saturday 14 January 2012

Organised like organs


A new collage made from 3 pages of black A3.  I used print outs of this tippex experiment from a few months ago - I'm planning to zoom in on certain areas and print those out and then work some more detail into it as I don't think of this as a finished work of art - possibly because it isn't doing anything new or exciting in the way that I would like to - so it's simply a case of developing new backdrops and working out more ideas, compositions and possibly narratives.... so my task over the coming weeks is to put together some very interlaced collages using different scales and sizes.  So as usual I'm following the long drawn out non-scheme of using old art to inform new art until the old art is less distinguishable from what it started as.  

The original work I did on tippex was a semi autobiographical story (missing out the majority of any tangible details - as every instance of my life would probably amount to much more than I can remember or express) so it's possible that  you could say my entire life is a gloopy disorganised mass of shuffling nothing... in fact it's more than possible but you wouldn't be very original because I just said it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment