Thursday 2 February 2012

31.1.12 - 28.1.12

31.1.12 Does interspersing a random work into my artwork convey some idea of my work being more meaningful than it is?  The author of Sideways started following me on Twitter - but the word Sideways isn't here for that reason as I've never read that particular book or seen the film it's based on... like all times when interlocking words into imagery its a question of whether or not they blend together all together well - sideways diagonal could mean moving along to nowhere in a direction that is either up or down dependent on your perspective or perhaps lack of perspective... this image gives no notion of diagonal travel so perhaps diagonal movement is an illusion and there is no up and down - just a constant opening of infinite doors.
30.1.12 - BRICKS - I like bricks and all other construction materials.  If it weren't for construction materials I would not be able to hide behind my stone walls and wooden doors and keep you all away from me whenever I want to.  First day working in my new office at Number One First Street... It's like Gattaca but more artificial.
29.1.12 - I would love to escape to an alien world where everything is coloured in a lot better.
31.1.12 - "Mould parasite decay rot away cliche."  I wrote this through association - not that impressed with my effort to be honest.

2 comments:

  1. Sunday 29th January. Brilliant composition! Great colours. I love this one! If I had wallspace I would ask are they for sale. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks... they are all stuck in a book at the moment but I could print you one out of it at some point.

    ReplyDelete