Sunday 7 October 2012

More work on EBay


Made these four images this week - just listed them on EBay, click on the titles of the pictures below each image to have a look.

broken strands of inaccurate logic



Listeners



false circulation of a centre

inverted light forms on floors





Also still have two framed images for sale.  

click here

And this one that ends in about 4 hours;
click here

Producing small and affordable pieces of artwork seems to be the way forward for me... for many reasons large pictures are getting annoying - the space they take up and also the task of carrying them back and forth to exhibitions... it's started to wear quite thin and think a better money and time saver would be to produce smaller artwork for a while.  That isn't to say the smaller images would have less content or be less interesting - I hope to put more into these smaller images and to progress my ideas with them - and also to put them into nice little plastic sleeves and sell them on EBay - the idea being that each one will have the starting price of 99p and people will bid what they are worth.

I read this article and the last paragraph stood out for me and made me think this to be a pretty good idea.  It says:


"Lastly, have something for everyone. Offer art in all price ranges. People who like your work, but can't afford the big stuff should at least have the opportunity to come away with something. These are your biggest fans, your collector base, the people who will stand by you throughout your career. Do whatever you can to provide them with art. That's the best way to maximise your exposure, create good will, get yourself out there, jump start your sales, and become known and respected in the arts community."

Think that authenticates my reasoning pretty well and makes me look quite professional in taking this approach... though actually not sure if anything could really make me look professional.  Anyway there are all sorts of reasons why I should make smaller affordable artwork.  Not everyone can afford hundreds of pounds including myself - so just to make a little bit of extra cash on top of my awful day job I think this is the correct approach and I also think it will lead to better work simply because I'll be producing as many unique and different images as often as possible rather than working on one big image a month only for it to languish and anguish in the corner of my living room for ever and ever.  I hope to produce a large quantity of work with a lot of quality - and have the work distributed to people who can afford it - and people who may one day when I'm dead make a lot more money out of it than I did.  We all die eventually and the more work  I produce the more worthwhile my life would have been - and it's impossible to store the amount of work I'd like to produce in my small living space so it would be good if it was accommodated in other people's.

No comments:

Post a Comment