Wednesday 10 October 2012

tendrils unreal real

Tendrils unreal real.

Another image posted to EBay - not sure how well this is all going to work but may as well persevere with it.  I've got an installation to make next month so I can still enjoy making work for galleries as well as little bits and pieces I can try to sell for however much people think it's going to be worth.

I've been attempting to promote myself on Twitter a little bit.  Felt quite tiresome after a while tweeting "artwork for sale" over and over again so I've been trying to be a little bit more interesting (and less annoying) by writing a sentence which sums up the artwork - this has almost resulted in some very interesting alternative titles and interpretations for the work.  I'm going to list them here:

the representations gather listening and wanting solutions to their simply made wasteland    

Bleak partitions allow colourful entries of distant continual growth      

Listeners speak to inverted auditorium whilst wakefully grounding down under green gas    

The centre corner (top right) useless conveyance         

Envelope sized shutter blind for monochrome breakages      

Coagulating still limbs reach blindly/blandly under continuing world's activity      

fossilized heart pulls strands of broken glow bricks into repeat texture maw      

Void anemone eats cells of bright logic before settling itself + the foodsource into a rectangular frame  

in five minutes or some other measurement relative tendrils evaluate littered boxes     

fluorescent yellow squares dribble up/down from a dumb gelatinous stone vector    

Sharp corners grated smooth down a funnel of visual guesswork
 provide your donation today    

light lands inaccurate and dull - intensify landing patterns with this:

A lot of those last few tweets are for this image:


This image doesn't actually have a title and I made it about two years ago... with some enhancements last year.  There are plenty of links to it just above but feel free to click on this one - it's probably the last picture I'm selling in it's frame on Ebay and there's only one day left to bid on it.

Apologies to the world for becoming a pushy weird salesperson.  I've never been particularly great at selling myself or putting myself across possibly because I do it with so much hesitation making it tricky to be consistent... though when I get an idea in my head I tend to go with it until it proves to be completely unsuccessful.  Then I simply adjust the idea until it becomes slightly more or even less successful.  This is then repeated until I find the right level of whatever it is I'm actually trying to achieve.  This perfect level of achievement has not been found yet.  So watch me adjust it.  Unsuccessfully/successfully?

No comments:

Post a Comment