Thursday 21 May 2015

Close Ups

I have recently been going through all my patterns on Patternbank and adding descriptions so they are more likely to be found on their search engine.  In the process I've zoomed in on a few of them and noticed how intricate some of the details are and how these can be utlized for future artworks.  Lately I have been focusing on pattern making but more specifically on securing new pattern contracts.  I have about 3 or 4 in the pipeline which is good news though they do take a while to materialize.  I do plan to return to making actual artwork at some stage and due to my work organically growing from previous work I have deduced from these close ups that the artwork is actually producing itself in my absence from making it. 

I am thinking that when I turn 35 I will start making artwork again.  Using printers and collage techniques to take it to a new level.  There are all sorts of shapes and forms that are making themselves known to me and this method has a certain autonomy to it.

Anyway here are some close up images to help demonstrate that artwork is still being created by me.  It is just hidden deep within my pattern designs waiting to be utilized at a later date.
















No comments:

Post a Comment