Saturday 22 December 2012

blocks of the internal over the spires of the external

Two more Ebay images for sale.  Click on the link below each image to view them - all auctions are ending over the weekend.

meteor of the INTERNAL spinning and suspended over the spires of the EXTERNAL - I hope the outside melds to the inside in an explosion of permanent comfortclick here

 This is quite a traditional image - sort of apocalyptic in it's depiction of a populace under the looming presence of a catastrophe in the sky - also the writing in the sky looks vaguely prophetic.  According to Mayan prophecies the world was supposed to end yesterday.
I remember being so convinced the world would in the year 2000 that when it didn't I came up with a theory to cover up the fact I was wrong.  That perhaps the end of the world was so traumatic and horrifying that everyone was in denial of it ever happening and had convinced themselves we were all carrying on as normal.
In theory this could still be happening - or perhaps it only started happening yesterday.

a choice of no choice as blocks of no endclick here

I didn't believe my theory for very long - perhaps the best part of a minute.  The theory is easily disproved or begins to lack any weight when I consider what life has been like since the year 2000.  If the 21st century was a wishful fantasy in my dead brain then the world would be a lot more like Back to the Future Part 2.  Or Lexx.  Also it would be a lot more exciting and more than likely broken up into 45 minute episodes.

Instead of life being a series of neat DVD box sets it's much more continuous - actions lead to inaction and inaction leads to more inaction until it's time to take action.  This is why I feel it's really important to write to do lists as I don't ever want to wake up and find that nothing has changed.  The most terrifying idea for me is that my life isn't moving at all despite my efforts and that everything will keep going on the same = forever. Worse than that, it will carry on the same except my bones will lose all their calcium and my mind will get stupider and my whole being will become a whole lot deader even before I become dead. 

Nothing to worry about yet though - as long as I have my to do lists I feel like I'm getting something done to make my old age slightly more interesting.  Best to end my tirade on a positive note or people would think I'm getting a bit gloomy.

Two images relisted

click here 

Also the blog entry where I've written about these images is found here

3 comments:

  1. Have these two sold?

    I've finally gotten around to bidding on a few...and I really like these two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The re listed ones got sold - the only one that didn't on this post is the first one with "meteor" in the title. Funny that the ones I like most get the least interest. Feel free to bid on a few and i'll make sure I get you combined postage which will save you some penny arcade money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete