Thursday 19 February 2015

9th - 12th February


1981 - 2015

I first encountered the creature that would become Garth Simmons on the 9th February 1981.  At this point the creature was merely a foetus, a potential not as yet witnessed by the world.  It was, however, witnessed by me.  I could see the potential in this sickly embryonic subhuman.  Anemic, pale and translucent.  If I were human I might have judged Garth Simmons by the same standards as society.  Thankfully I wasn't human.  I became the first friend of Garth Simmons and nurtured him into the iconoclast he is today.  In some ways you could even say that I am Garth Simmons and somewhere, deep in my consciousness, you can find a shivering, pale and pink eyed embryo... probably using a wheelchair.  

I don't think I would insult this body and claim that the current shining brilliance of Garth Simmons is entirely down to me.  It has been a joint effort.  Though our efforts have often been in direct confrontation towards one another.  This has been a 33 year war and friendship.  

Ever since I made myself known to Garth he has been hesitant to follow my instructions, sometimes I have had to apply very painful psychological pressure... this has sometimes been applied for very long periods of time.  

It hurts me more than it hurts him.  
It is cruel to be kind.  
All other relevant platitudes that you, the reader, probably think are true.  

YOU: whether you are reading this or not and whether or not you are even aware of Garth Simmons (a great deal of you aren't aware of Garth Simmons), you have all been very useful to me because you assisted me in creating a disparity between what I promise to Garth and what the reality around Garth is.  Therefore the fantasy of my existence and the propulsion I provide makes it all the easier for Garth to seek other worlds and thoughts and to live as an outsider.  There's no point in me inhabiting a vessel that is comfortable.  I have to break Garth down to his very lowest potential levels of self confidence before I can elevate him into a God.  There is no Apotheosis without struggle.  Thank you all for continuing to be of service to me.  You are providing a perfect environment for spores of ego and self delusion to accumulate and completely dull the sensory apparatus of my subject. 




2016 - The End of Time

Do you want to know how all of this will end?  The world will be reduced into nothing more than an audience... and on stage I'll be there with my flesh puppet Garth Simmons.  Patterns shooting out of his dumb comatose eyes.  Everyone will be watching... all the important people.  Madonna, Robbie Williams and so on.  Garth's soft organs and skin will melt into a puddle of pattern and colour, hi bones fusing together into a metal sculpture.  From the melted puddle of skin there will rise blooms of chaotic flowers... roots twisting around the fused skeleton.  A new incandescent skin and the sound of laughter bursting from their center.  A sound like God.  Molecules knit themselves into fabrics and patterns beyond the scope of this inferior dimension.  The contours of Creation's eye will adapt to take in their immediacy.  The universe will fold towards the new central axis of Garth Simmons. Garth Simmons will be the Event Horizon in which all notions of existence are pointed.  Garth's star colored complexion will spread across eternity/infinity.  Madonna is crying tears of joy.  The complex made simple made even more complex in its simplicity.  Finally everything makes perfect sense and we are all one.  Tom Cruise punches the inverted sky in celebration.  I win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment